Sunday, January 24, 2010

Introduction

I am currently enrolled in a class entitled "Social Dynamics of Communication Technology" in Gonzaga University's graduate program. The class began two weeks ago and since then I have been expanding my own thoughts about the internet and new social tools.

The professor has encouraged us to try blogging and post our assigned essay in a blog. I HAVE NEVER BLOGGED, nor did I ever think that I would blog. However as I continue to learn about the dynamics of internet socializing I decided it was time for me to discover what all the hype surrounding blogging was about.

I understand how important blogging has become in today's western societies. It gives people a place to share feelings, interests, and ideas. It allows others like them to find their blog and relate to everyday people. Blogging forums have also led to the development of a different kind of journalism (if you consider blogging a form journalism). As blogs have evolved it has become easier for people to share news, rumors, or gossip with whoever wishes to read them.

My first blog with be academic, focusing on the topics we are covering through this course. Who knows maybe after the class concludes I will continue to blog about each class I take!

1 comment:

  1. I am a big blogger... and i am a redhead, football coach. who am i?

    ReplyDelete